As a business owner, you are constantly looking for ways to reduce your business expenditure and optimize your business. SIP Trunk is now an increasingly popular trend and a “have to” technology to minimize their phone cost and telecommunications bandwidth, but it requires significant best practices to secure a safe, risk-managed implementation and support. You might be curious about the new technology but lack knowledge to make a decision for a switch. Before you rush to get rid of your old phone system, we broke down what SIP trunking is and how you know if it’s right for your business.
Table of Contents
What is SIP Trunk?
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- It is a modern alternative to ISDN for most organizations to make phone calls. Most organizations are commonly connected to Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) through a PBX system.
- It also allows interconnectivity for an organization with multiple locations via the Internet or other data networks.
- It supports as well videoconferencing, instant messaging, faxes which is part of Unified Communication collaboration solutions.
Benefits of SIP Trunk
Flexibility and Scalability
- It offers better flexibility in purchasing than PRI. A minimum of 32 voice channels is required in purchasing PRI, whereas SIP trunks can be purchased in smaller increments. In the past, if you needed 16 channels, you had to purchase an ISDN which comes with 32 channels.
- It reduces managing the number of PRIs across multiple sites. The number of PRIs can be from several to many for many organizations. SIP trunking dramatically reduces the number of PRIs necessary to maintain public inbound and outbound traffic.
Why SIP Trunk?
The telco is migrating to SIP
- The trend now is SIP Trunk. Most of the Telco around the world are migrating from ISDN/Analog to SIP Trunk.
- Telcos have already deployed broadband infrastructure and they leverage on this for SIP trunk, IPTV or any other IP based services using the same infrastructure
How does SIP Trunk help my business?
- Better rates for international calls.
- Free calls between offices of the same VoIP system regardless, any offices located in multiple countries.
- SIP providers allow you to purchase at a specific increment of lines.
- PRI has a minimum requirement of 24 channels when purchase, which may cause a number of unused channels to an organization.
- PRI installation takes days or a month while SIP trunking able to add new channels in minutes or hours remotely.
How TGS Enterprise Networks can assist?
Upgrading to SIP trunks can be one of the smartest choices you can make for your business. At TGS, we can assist in the following:
- Provide a new SIP trunk subscription with better call rates.
- Migrate existing ISDN or analog trunk to SIP trunk for customer legacy PABX system.
- Enhance or upgrade the customer system to SIP trunk ready.
- Provide multi-site/location telephony network with SIP trunking
Contact us today for a free consultation on SIP trunking.